Casting is an option that helps you a bit of the decision-making process when selecting the cast for the film by reducing the amount of available developers for the role. Casting narrows the list of available developers for a few (unastu) (depending on the player's level, the lower the list will be shorter) most suitable for the role. In your casting algorithm takes into account:
- requirements for the role (occupation, gender),
- the type of role (actor, supporting role, episodic),
- movie genre and creators of the parameters most important for this species,
- the target group of the film,
- script level
The algorithm also takes into account the casting budget available for the player, as well as additional filters used by the player. (For example, before casting you can limit the maximum budget that you want to allocate to a particular role and it will be included in the algorithm the casting).
The option of casting can be used any number of times without any additional costs or consequences.
Casting does not provide the optimal choice for the role. They are rather related creators who have a predisposition to the check. This is to facilitate mainly for beginners to help in a number of first films and protect myself from completely numbered tiles showing the election.
More advanced players should be based on their own experience and intuition. Though perhaps for the less significant roles in the film also will build upon this option (for example, when im not going to want to spend too much time on the choice of supporting developers).
Casting is better in relatively simple species since its algorithms are optimized for one, root for a given species, the parameter. More advanced species (where it is not so easy to tell which of the three sex/violence/humor is key) may not be great for casting.
Remarks and comments
- Having a list of people increases the Assistant returned during casting by 1.
- The computer player also posiłkują to casting. However, this is not their main way of selection of the developers by virtue of the fact that the videos could go out too similar to each other (by default, the computer players have more randomness in their election). Only when you fail to find the creators of the normal method of posiłkują casting option.