What is director’s cut? In the case of movies, this is a special version of them presenting the director's vision of it, before the film was edited and presented to a wider audience. In the case of the Movie Business it is a section, where I collect all, longer texts (more or less) related to my game, which were published on my personal blog Tomiga Blog.
So if you are interested in how the Movie Business is created, what was the most important changes in particular versions, what kind of problems or dilemmas I have in the course of its creation, you are in the right place.
If you are interested in the process of creating the game “from the kitchen”, you will certainly find here a lot of interesting things and interesting facts about the project.
Individual entries are arranged in order from oldest.
List of texts published on my personal blog affiliated with Movie Business
- Game design is not simple – Dilemmas of game developers or how certain design decisions and statistical information can affect the game, its playability, difficulty and player's strategies.
- What next with BFStats – About the circumstances in which “died” previous versions of MovieStats so beware of cheap hosting.
- Summary of new features in v0.7.0 Movie Business – Information about the most important changes introduced in v0.7.0 MB2. (e.g: the actors in multiple roles, assistants and their functions, career mode, target group (target), Studio, post-production, the Division of roles in the scenario, the aging of the creators.)
- Dev diary: Selection the country from the list that is the story of a ComboBox – Not only for developers, how to solve a specific programming problem on the example of a small change.
- MovieStats statistics online players Movie Business 2 – All about MovieStats – or statistics online players.
- What's new in version 0.7.5 Movie Business 2 – The most important changes introduced in version 0.7.5 MB2 (e.g: the creators and their countries of origin, trophy, for assistants, the negotiations, bonuses for Donors)
- Movie Business and donations – How to thank author and motivate him to further develop the project.
- How do I add artists to the Movie Business – Detailed information on the matching parameters, while adding your own artists to Movie Business 2.
- Dishonest players – This time, a little reflection on human nature and attempts to cheat in games.
- About creation of trailer to the Movie Business or how with a limited budget create a trailer for indie games – ie how was created the first official trailer for the game from the idea, the technical implementation, to the final effect
- What's new in version 0.9.0 Movie Business 2 – Very detailed summary of the many new features and changes in this version (e.g: I want to play in your movie, Vanity Fair, adjustements of scripts, reactions, freedom in the actions of the director, sequels, temporary production costs and budget, game +, short films, profiles in the cloud, dynamic parameters)
- Cult movies in the Movie Business or about data of the movies on IMDB – How are cult movies in the Movie Business created or information about what can be learned from IMDB and how this has been used in the game.
- What's new in version 0.9.4 Film Business 2 – About news and changes in version 0.9.4 (Executive producer, production reports, post-production visualization, production with investor, cult movies, images, the car and the exhibition, relationship chemistry and bond between artists, Awards and other interface improvements and algorithms)