Currently, there are two main types of films that a player can produce. These are short and feature films. The default type of movies are feature films.
They give players the opportunity to experiment more easily without incurring high risk, in the form of losses leading to rapid bankruptcy. They are cheaper to produce, and therefore, in the event of failure, the effects are not so severe for the player.
How a short film is made ... The way of acting is not different from the production of an ordinary film. In the process of creating a script for a film, we mark its length as a short film.
The time of writing a screenplay for a short film is a bit shorter than a regular movie, which of course results in the fact that if we wanted to sell such a scenario, its price would also be lower.
You can not buy scenarios short film, so it's also a good lesson to teach the player create their own scenarios.
Other features of the short films.
- the cost of cast and studio is 10 times lower than in the case of a full-length feature ... but the audience that wants to see it is also smaller,
- lack of reviews and the possibility of submitting them to festivals (currently such films are treated as production-trials efforts),
- short films are not available in the Challenges,
- the most popular and the most talented creators will not want to appear in them (this limitation is caused by the fear that the game will not suddenly become a game about short films, because everyone would like to choose the best creators for their productions),
- there is also no festival that would award prizes for such films,
- short films are not taken into account when checking the trophies and career goals,
Short films do not bring such profits as full-length movies, but on the other hand, they are less stressful in the case of experiments (eg with new genres). What's more, it can be a slow but relatively safe mechanism to increase initial cash. Instead of throwing yourself on a full story, you can make a few short films that will feed the budget of the future, more production.