A mechanism for different kinds of follow-up is closely linked to the business world could not film him so fail in the game. The sequel is not a feature film. Thinking about the sequel should start when creating a script. This will have several consequences. First of all, the continuation must be an player's initiative. Therefore, he will have to make (do not buy) screenplay and before production mark, that is meant to be a sequel (Of course choosing a particular movie on which it is based). Then select the exact type of continuation, that can take one of the following values: Classic the sequel to the, spinoff, remake, reboot or the prequel.
Once these basic information is set, new script will be created, where all parameters will be copied as default (genre, humor / violence / sex, ending, as well as the full list of roles). The player can of course also modify any of these parameters.
Note: If the player will want to do sequel, with genre which has not yet unlocked, will have to change his genre ... which could have serious consequences for viewers of the final works.
What will affect the sequels
Fact, that the film will be a sequel is not in any way affect its quality. Continued to increase, however, the potential of advertising due to the the hype, which they generate. Player gets nothing for free in addition apart from more publicity without the need to hire popular (expensive) creators . It is also consistent with reality, where in most cases the sequels are based on the popularity of the original but such. appear in it are already less popular actors compared with those from the original.
This means, that player do not get for free any tangible benefits but only base of fans of the original production. Whether fans will choose to go to the movie depends on the producer (how he advertise new production). Producer, in turn, will receive a larger base of fans which can reach with his ad.
Types of sequels
Here are the types of sequels, which can be produced in the game and their meaning:
- Sequel -that is a classic continuation.
- Prequel -tells the story of, which happened before the events described in the original.
- Spinoff -is derived from the original but describes the story of a hero, topic or event more accurately regardless of the original.
- Reboot -cancels the previous stories and starts a new building on the same heroes.
- Remake is this the same movie again to produce the most many years later.
To select a particular type of follow-up will have of course your consequences about which you will read later in this text.
Sequels and creators
When we have finished the sequel script we can go to the proper production of the film. At this point, the actors will be assigned to roles they played in the original. However, there are two exceptions to this rule. When the actor is not available and if the creator is not interested in making the sequel.
Better actors and directors may not want to participate in such a project (especially when the original came out poorly). For some directors, they may require more freedom to be willing to agree to work on the sequel.
Of course, if we want to employ creator who worked on the original he will ask for a wage higher than normal. It is, however, justified because it does audience will want to see the sequel also depends on the cast or if they see a familiar characters and actors in their roles.
Interesting fact. In the sequel by default, creators and characters, that reproduce are copied to a new scenario in the same roles (in, supporting and episodic). However, there is a manual modification of the types of roles for the form. You can for example. in the main spinoffie of the characters make one of the supporting characters or supporting. The only condition is that this character was the same sex and recreated the same role (the name of a role-as).
Sequels and advertisement, audience and festivals
Creating a sequel, and then the forgiveness of his advertising makes no sense ... Hence the integral action in creating the sequel must be adequate advertising campaign, which is to reach out to as many of the original audience. As the input is assumed to be the popularity of the original meaning 50% the audience, which potentially would be interested in seeing some kind of sequel. Then take into account the score of the film (the better the more people waiting for the continuation and vice versa-if someone has failed on the original may not necessarily be interested in further fate of heroes).
How big the hype will be a continuation of the (ie, how much of the original audience will visit the cinema to see a sequel) It depends on the type of. And so:
- Sequel -base is 100% original audience, the percentage depends on the fans of the same genre, target and cast. A feature of the sequel is that, if Transporter 2 is sequel of Transporter so Transporter 3 can only be a sequel Transporter 2 (and not the original Transporter).
- Prequel as the sequel to the restriction here is the fact, the continuation of that type can be done only with the first film in the series (you can not do the prequel film, which already is the sequel).
- Spinoff -depends on the number of developers, who come from the original (It may therefore be of another species, and the target), the base is 50% original audience
- Reboot -Depending on the similar to the sequel, but only 25% the potential of the original,
- Remake -the remake has a similar potential for a sequel but makes sense only 10 years after the making of the original, filmed been severely limited advertising potential (the audience will watch the original instead of a remake)
Festival Jury reluctantly give awards for sequels. This is because, the jury is usually looking for freshness and novelty in movies, and not having to take the known schemas. In addition, the greater the number of film in the series that the chances for prizes fall.
One of the questions, which fell on the types of sequels referred to In, and why he has only 25% the potential of the original audience. Well, the most common reason is In fatigue. When the audience has had enough of the current universe, where each successive part eats its own tail. Hence, many fans of the original now deleted a series of (and will remain faithful to its original-finds, that the reboot is a desecration of the cult series).
As you can see the logic of standing with sequelami is quite complicated ... but I hope this makes you meditate twice if you really want to shoot the continuation, and if so, What kind of.